Bangkok, Thailand, September 20, 2012 - NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) has announced the winners of its second annual Supplier Awards at the company’s Supplier Day in Bangkok, Thailand. The event featured companies from across NXP’s global supply base. Senior executives from 61 of NXP’s key suppliers were in attendance representing all spend areas including Materials, Equipment, External Manufacturing, IT, Innovation and Indirect. The event was hosted by Rick Clemmer, NXP’s president & chief executive officer, plus members of the NXP Executive management team.
“Within the global and highly competitive semiconductor market, NXP believes that a close relationship and alignment with our supply chain partners is a critical differentiator in our success. We rely on our partners to help enable NXP to deliver superior quality, high volume and on-time solutions, which allow us to meet the increasingly stringent requirements of our customers. We use the “Supplier Day” and “Supplier Awards” to maintain alignment, recognize the critical role and celebrate the contributions that our supply chain partners make toward the long-term success of NXP,” said Rick Clemmer, president and CEO, NXP Semiconductors.
In recognition of superior performance, NXP presented awards to suppliers across seven different award categories:
- Most Improved Suppliers: Lam Research, front-end equipment, Tak Cheong Electronics (Holdings) Co. Ltd, back-end external manufacturing
- Best Supplier – Back-End Materials: Mitsui High Tec, leadframes
- Best Supplier – Growth Contribution: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd, foundry external manufacturing
- Best Supplier – Indirect Materials and Services: Hays, recruitment/time hire services
- Best Supplier – Quality: Samsung Techwin, leadframes
- Best Supplier – Technology: ARM, technology partner for embedded processors
- Best Supplier – Valued Partnership: Soitec, SOI (Silicon On Insulator) package solutions
“At our first supplier day in September 2011, we reiterated our focus on global leverage, cost excellence and operational excellence. Over the past year, working with our suppliers, we have made significant progress in key programs such as supplier performance management, risk management, contract coverage and supplier quality management. We thank them sincerely for their hard work and look forward to further strengthening our joint efforts in line with NXP key expectations as outlined in today’s event,” said Jacky McNulty-Ehemann, senior vice president and chief procurement officer, NXP Semiconductors.
NXP senior executives also spoke at the event about the company’s core business strategies and innovation roadmaps in High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Products, and delivered key insights into end customer markets. They reiterated the need for strong collaboration with our supply base focusing on maximizing value contribution, cost competitiveness, uncompromising quality and adopting best-in-class practices for operational excellence.