The vacancy is for one of the biggest insurance companies in the Netherlands. An organization were growth and self-development is fully stimulated, so you can be your best professional self.
Role and Responsibilities
This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a relatively new team in its growth target of its Real Estate portfolio both in The Netherlands and Pan-European. Your role is to support the real estate team with acquisition, asset and portfolio management activities, through research, underwriting/modelling and engage with external managers in order to assess the feasibility, perform due diligence and monitor performance of new and existing investment proposals. You will collect and interpret data, keep track of market trends (price and yield movements) and attend real estate events to maintain and expand your network. In addition, you will assist with the production of investment reporting, presentations and maintaining relationships with all relevant key stakeholders.
In short, a diverse role that supports the organization and provides input for acquisitions, dispositions, and the realization of our business objectives. Contribute to allocation strategy and ensure the consistent application of the investment philosophy.
The Investment Office is responsible for the investment strategy and return target of the company in the Netherlands. The Investment Office focusses various asset classes including subcomponents of Real Estate such as Debt, Equity and Mortgages. The office in the Netherlands has its own Real Estate team within the Investment Office. Being part of the Investment Office, the role will involve working across various asset classes.
- Contributing and maintaining high market intelligence by both collecting market and competition data, skillfully analyzing and interpreting these figures to translate into investment strategies.
- Involvement in a significant amount of underwriting and valuation of investment opportunities, based on various valuation techniques
- Inspection, analysis, appraisal and pricing of potential investments (including developments) on a cash flow basis, working with other team members and external managers
- Supporting in sourcing and execution of investment opportunities including market and financial due diligence, execution and closing
- Identifying business themes and co-creating strategic business plans and/or strategies - Working closely with investment management colleagues, tax, legal and risk colleagues and third-party advisers to maximize investment performance of assets
- Helping to prepare investment proposals to the Investment and Balance Sheet Committee - Support in administering the ESG process
What do you need?
- 1+ years of relevant experience in real estate Investment management through education & experience, preferably pan-European Strong analytical skills
- A bachelors or master’s degree in a quantitative or business studies
- Enthusiastic about analyzing international buy/hold/sell analyses regarding real estate transactions simultaneously
- Impeccable financial modelling skills (MS Excel) to derive expected return within various scenarios
- Understanding of valuation techniques (DCF / NAV)
- Accustomed to implement data driven investment processes and experienced in preparing and presenting investment proposals
- Entrepreneurial drive with well-developed interpersonal skills and commercial sense next to attention to detail, diligent, accurate and proactive
- Ability to work independent and as part of a multi-disciplinary team with strong analytical and social skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Dutch & English
What do you get?
A salary tailored to your qualities and experience, with a 13th month and 8% holiday payment. Within a dynamic working environment where the organization stimulates horizontal and vertical growth. You have the keys to your own career path and your employer fully stimulates that. With this you will have your own personal training budget, to train skills you want to train.
If you recognize yourself in the description and the challenge, apply now! #1045345
Banking and Insurance
Competitive salary with strong secondary benefits
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Bram Vroegop, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Amsterdam