Your new company
Our client is a global manufacturer . The role is hybrid with the main offices close to Amersfoort .The client is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their finance team.
Your new role
For this role you will manage, develop and optimize the financial accounting of our sales and holding entities within the European division and manage and supervise the general ledger team to ensure controlled financial flows and timely management reporting.
What you need to succeed
- Plan, monitor, revise and execute monthly, quarterly and annual procedures for all sales and holding entities handled by the general ledger team
- Organise and monitor general ledger accounting to achieve department and company goals in an effective and efficient way
- Manage and supervise the general ledger team in the Netherlands and motivate employee(s) and support them in achieving their personal goals
- Ensure financial accounting of our sales and holding entities in line with legal and internal procedures
- Review and analyse financial information and advice on budget development, accounting practices and trends or deviations in financial reports to ensure that costs positively contribute to company mission and objectives and to support sound decision making
- Initiate and develop continuous improvement in general ledger accounting procedures.
- Responsible for timely submission of financial data with the guarantee of accuracy, consistency and integrity
- To support, manage and develop ad hoc and planned projects which contribute to improved processes and procedures
- Manage completeness and correctness of VAT returns for Europe in line with legal requirements.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external audits
You have 5+ years of experience in a similar role with a minimum of bachelor’s degree. English and Dutch language are hard requirements for this role. The candidate has a strong accounting knowledge especially in US GAAP, IFRS, Dutch GAAP and other European accounting standards. Previous working experience with American companies and SOX is preferred. The candidate ideally has experience in working in a complex international production organisation, proven experience in understanding and improving administrative organisation and high skills in working with IT applications (Microsoft office, ERP systems preferable JDE, Hyperion).
What you get in return
As an Accounting Manager you will operate in an exciting and dynamic environment that allows you to grow personally and professionally. Our client offers a competitive salary package, 25 holidays, additional holidays (ADV), pension plan, travel allowance and working from home financial support. Besides this, you will get to work within an international organisation with a broad scope of responsibilities.
What you need to do now
Is this the vacancy you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Ieva.Kuliesaite@hays.com #1044890