Your new role
As Associate Director Laboratory Manager Bioanalytical Science you will be responsible for a team of about 15 technical laboratory staff based in Utrecht. You will act as all-round people manager, with the goal of supporting and developing our talent in contribution to the company’s overall mission. You inspire and motivate, provide feedback and mentorship, and create an excellent employee experience. You allocate resources to projects based on availability, skills and priorities in a way that maximizes productivity and performance. The technician team contributes to projects in both non-clinical and clinical development stage, collaborating with different BioA Scientific Leads for each project. In this matrix environment you will ensure connection with the other teams, and act as bridge when it comes to planning, collaboration and communication. You will take a seat in the BioA Leadership Team and work closely together with the functional experts to drive forward our department deliverables and realize process improvements.
You will have a high level of autonomy to act on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of laboratory staff in line with company policies (including but not limited to day-to-day support, goal setting, performance appraisals, training compliance, hiring and onboarding)
- Act as coach and mentor to drive personal development of your team members
- Contribute to the realization of department year goals
- Ensure optimal allocation of resources to projects based on availability, skills and priorities to maximize productivity and performance (organize and plan non-routine bioanalytical studies according to set timelines)
- Ensure optimal alignment within the team and between teams; optimize work processes and contribute to change initiatives
- Translate team needs to implementation plans
- Safeguard quality and compliance to company policies, GLP/GCP guidelines and departmental agreements
You are highly motivated to manage a team of highly skilled technical lab staff in a scientific department. You are a natural connector, flexible, organized, sociable and focused on achieving goals that are important for the department and our organization. You bring enthusiasm and energy in teams of professionals. You enjoy coaching people and creating the environment for others to excel. Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have completed a relevant HBO/BSc/MSc degree
- You have 5+ years of experience as team lead in a laboratory setting
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You have well-developed organizational sensitivity (influence, communicate and collaborate)
- You can work successfully under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, creating a stable and secure work environment for your team
- Experience in a regulated (GLP/GCP/GMP) environment is a plus
- Affinity with project management tools and/or dashboards is a plus
About the organization
You will work for an international biotech company specializing in the creation and development of innovative differentiated antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and the improvement of the lives of cancer patients.
The company has been active for almost 25 years and they now have over 1000 people working for them. Their headquarters are in Denmark and next to this office, they have sites in the US, Japan and the one in Utrecht that you might join!
Your new employer offers you a suitable salary that fits your experience and expertise. Of course, you will also get good secondary benefits such as a 1 year contract with the intention to convert to a permanent contract afterwards. They also offer an annual bonus, holiday pay (8%), stocks, a good pension scheme (2/3 paid by employer), 25 holidays, travel expenses and a hybrid working policy.
You will be working in an informal, multicultural environment where inclusiveness, openness and support are key words.
What you need to do now
Are you interested in this vacancy as Associate Director Laboratory Manager Bioanalytical Science? Click 'Apply' and send an up-to-date CV or call Merel Hasselo on +31620076590. If this vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are looking for a different position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career options.