As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be working in the Service Management Application Team (a cross functional team) within the IT Organization. You will be assigned to a large strategic program that aims to introduce a unified global ServiceNow workflow platform with harmonized global processes. The first phase is to execute several pilots in NL before a global rollout. We are looking for a professional with a strong background in Service Management and Operations Management in a business-to-business environment (B-2-B). Being that senior professional, you will bring extensive knowledge and experience in business-to-business products, processes, portals, and operational excellence. Your duties and responsibilities will include understanding, designing, and documenting processes and business requirements. Input will be received during SME process review sessions which you will organize and facilitate. During SME alignment, it is expected to identify enhancements to refine the Global Target Operating Model.
As part of the project, you also will create and execute test scenarios. Next to this, you will support user training and assist, where required, hands-on during the go-live phase. You will have a strong and proven track record in delivering suitable solutions in an Agile-Scrum environment from concept to launch and always have an eye on Customer Experience. Above all, you are a strong communicator, a passionate analyst, an experienced facilitator with the ability to connect all the dots. Responsibilities Overall, the senior business analyst will be involved in numerous activities throughout the organization on different levels. Specified below are some of the most important activities and deliverables you will be required to produce: Implement business processes in the organization end to end:
- Support the delivery and implementation of products and services across the internal organization and our service providers
- Facilitate process and/or product/service introduction into the business
- Measure the execution/effectiveness of business processes
- Manage expectations with stakeholders and peer BAs
Job specific activities and deliverables our senior business analysts are to execute:
- Organize and facilitate process review sessions with SMEs/stakeholders
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work and conduct requirements gathering/analysis following the Agile methodology
- Perform impact analysis/assessment of the current business processes, understand best practices, identify gaps, define future state business and system process flows
- Mapping of customer journeys
- Identify risks within the product, people, process and systems
- Preparing / Reviewing user acceptance test scenarios and scripts
- Support user acceptance testing and defect analysis
- Review training material/work instructions for users together with process and product owners.
Key Skills Required
- 8+ years’ experience as a business analyst in a business change and optimizing environment
- 8+ years’ experience in business product & process modeling within business lines
- 8+ years’ experience working in an agile software development life cycle process including requirements gathering, design, implementation, release, in-life support, and product change management preferred
- Remote off-site and on-site experience is preferred
- Fluent verbal and written English skills are essential
- Any other language is an advantage
- Experience working with virtual teams across multiple regions.
- Designing end-2-end processes in a B2B environment
- Development methodologies for processes, products, and services in a B2B environment
- Interacting with the business to create and translate user stories and business requirements
- Business process modeling using different BPM Modeling tools (e.g., BPMN 2.0)
- The mainstream development methodologies like waterfall and agile
- Expert-level diagramming (Visio/Gliffy)
- Experience in creating (business) uses cases (UML 2.0+)
- Experience with ServiceNow platform
- Experience with the ITIL framework and/or similar frameworks
- Natural communicator: Able to engage your stakeholders, colleagues, and team members in a natural way both verbal and written. You speak clearly, coherently and are persuasive. You foster an environment where people feel free to communicate.
- Passionate analyst: Have exemplary analytical skills and are methodical. Have a strong focus on gathering requirements and skilled in modeling and structuring processes and procedures within an existing ecosystem or green field. Can articulate and present alternative solutions or approaches.
- Experienced facilitator, prepare and facilitate interviews and workshops, being creative in choosing the right format to ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Team player with a can-do mentality. Pro-actively work together with your peers and key partners to ensure end-to-end alignment. Are dynamic and a self-starter within your area of expertise. Interactively conduct peer BA reviews on your approach and deliverables. Can adjust to changing demands to prioritize among multiple deliverables and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Desirable Skills (Differentiators)
- Data Centre / Data Centre options experience / exposure a strong plus.
- Experience deploying ServiceNow.
- Experience delivering global, enterprise wide deliverables.