Your new role
For our clients European Procurement department, we are looking for a Category Manager EMEA. The Category Manager plays an important role in providing world class procurement that delivers short and long-term competitive advantage in harmonisation with the European Operations strategy.
The main responsibilities in this role are:
- Ensure added value to the key area of raw materials as well as MRO items, services and operational indirect spend.
- Source and develop new suppliers; nurture and effectively manage supplier relationships to encourage early supplier engagement in improvements and supply chain innovations.
- Challenge the status quo and create alternative business solutions whilst embracing the principles of sustainability to contribute to our Climate Take Back mission and reach our Science Based Target set for 2030.
- Collaborate proactively and closely with all internal Procurement stakeholders across Europe (Planning, Logistics & Distribution, R&D, New Product Development) to ensure that the company targets are met.
- Maximise efficiencies in the inbound supply chain, minimise risk and vulnerability.
- Optimise the financial results of the Procurement function to support bottom line growth whilst focusing on Total Cost of Ownership.
- Supplier Performance Management.
- Research, develop, maintain and deliver data analysis of market influences in order to contribute to predicting upstream trends and anticipate and act on opportunities and threats implementing an appropriate risk strategy.
- Administration of company’s computerised and other systems to ensure that we operate within relevant procedures and that data is accurate and available to serve the business.
For this interesting and varied role, we are looking for a candidate who meets the following job requirements:
About the organisation
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent Bachelor + Master’s degree
- Proven experience of Procurement at a medior level
- Proven track record of adding value through the supply chain
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Strong Sourcing, Commercial and Contract Management skills
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures and Logistics Skills,
- CIPS/NEVI Manager Level achieved – desirable
- Manufacturing background preferable
Our client is an international producer of complex textile products with several production locations over Europe and global clients. They have a very strong focus on sustainability and from an procurement view set the sustainability standards for their suppliers and partners.
What you will get in return
Besides of an market conform salary you will get the opportunity to grow and develop yourself in an organisation with a flat organisation culture. You will get the opportunity to travel to partners and clients will fully be dedicated to the strategic part of the role. Other departments will support you in the operational and tactical activities.
What you will have to do now
If you are interested you will have to apply or send an e-mail to Alex Broekmeulen via email@example.com. #1045029