Our client is an international credit rating agency, that has an office located here in Amsterdam. They are looking for a new Financial Analyst to join their international team.
To perform credit analysis on a portfolio of (re)insurers operating in the European Markets, under the guidance and support of an analytical team leader. The role is based in Amsterdam. This international credit rating agency established an operation within the finance district of Amsterdam in 2018, providing financial strength ratings to the insurance industry within the European market. The Amsterdam analytical team works closely with its other offices in the US, UK and Asia, and is itself supported by a wider business function in Amsterdam and London. The team consists of approximately 10 analytical staff, within which there is a broad array of expertise and international background.
- As the primary analyst, the candidate will take responsibility for timely and high quality credit assessments on a portfolio of (re)insurers, as well as producing accurate and informative written publications to support the credit decision
- Regular interaction with senior management of (re)insurers and requirement to attend company meetings, with support from more senior colleagues, to obtain relevant information to support the credit assessment
- Conduct on-going surveillance of assigned portfolios and develop industry knowledge, including the identification of key trends and issues that may affect the assigned portfolio of (re)insurers
- Present analysis at rating committee, participate in rating committees of other analysts, and contribute to internal discussions regarding the state of the (re)insurance markets and rating issues
- Contribute to external presentations, seminars and the writing and research of external specialist reports commenting on key market issues and trends. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to develop a network of contacts in the (re)insurance market (including clients, brokers and other stakeholders) for the purpose of developing market intelligence
- This role involves regular travel within the EU.
Skills and Experience
- Developed knowledge of the (re)insurance market and principles of finance and accounting
- Experience of conducting financial analysis, ideally within the insurance industry, financial services sector or a financial services consultancy firm
- Experience of developing and managing professional relationships with external stakeholders
- Self-starter and bringing new ideas and solutions to the table and aggressively seeking knowledge
- Must demonstrate ability to manage own time efficiently and effectively, and be able to multitask, absorb ideas and facts quickly, while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in both written and spoken Spanish is essential
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Additional relevant professional qualifications are an advantage (MBA, CFA, ACA/ACCA, Actuarial, FRM etc.)
What do you get?
A role in one of the largest banks of the world in a growing and international environment. You have various opportunities to develop yourself and our client will support you with that by offering various training and development possibilities. Next to that you get a strong and competitive salary with great secondary benefits that you don’t see at other employers.