Your new company
Our client is a globally operating sporting goods retailer. For their office in Amsterdam they are looking for a Financial Controller. This is a hybrid role and English is the official language of the client.
Your new role
The Financial Controller (Retail) EMEA will be responsible for providing full financial assistance for commercial decisions. You will lead the Retail Finance Team, focusing on accuracy and process improvement, as well as delivering best in class management information. Working closely with business leaders you will support 47 stores across Europe with FP&A, delivering insights and drive strategic plans. This is an expanding role, currently responsible for managing a team of 2. As the amount of retail stores grow across Europe in the future this team will grow.
What you need to succeed
- Management of month end across all EMEA Retail entities, including month end accounting (prepayments, accruals), variance analysis and financial controls
- Forecasts and budgets across P&L, balance sheet and CAPEX across EMEA retail
- Assist in preparation of DTC (Direct to Consumer) Quarterly Business Review packs Produce management information and KPI analysis to business partners, delivering insights to drive both short terms results and strategic plans
- Prepare and support with audits, financial statements preparation and corporation tax across all EMEA retail entities
- Provide reporting in an insightful and actionable way
- Work alongside the EMEA Finance team as necessary on new projects, systems implementa-tion, systems improvement, regional reporting and other ad hoc tasks
- Successful line manage team
- Motivate and challenge team member(s) to stretch towards higher level of performance
- Train and mentor talent, inspiring others to contribute to team and company success.
- Drive vision and purpose; actively shares information with team member(s) and communi-cates clearly about short term and long-term business plans and related team goals
- Actively involved in the company's FP&A Process; taking ownership of cost variances analysis, contributing to the forecasting and budgeting process, KPI reporting etc
You have 7+ years of experience after obtaining a relevant degree, ideally combined with an accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / RA / AA) or Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business. Previous experience managing and leading team, experience within an similar role, extensive exposure to Auditing and FP&A, Worked within a similar Direct to Consumer (DTC) organisations is preferred. Strong communication skills, able to develop and maintain strong relationship with colleagues at all levels. Highly organised and structured able to prioritise and manage tight deadlines. Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills and Curiosity and willingness to pick up new IT systems quickly.
What you get in return
Salary of €75K with holiday allowance, 25 days annual leave per year, up to €250 travel allowance each month, discretionary bonus opportunity, pension scheme, discount on the health insurance, employee discount , work from home allowance, sports subscription via OneFit and opportunity to work abroad for two weeks per year. You will get to work within an international organization with a broad scope of responsibilities and a growth potential.
What you need to do now
Is this the vacancy you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Ieva.Kuliesaite@hays.com #1046169