Your New Function
For the Gateway department at our Airfreight location Schiphol we are looking for an enthusiastic new colleague. As Gateway Forwarder you have a pivotal position within our successful airfreight organization. You will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Taking care of bookings with the various airlines
- Develop and maintain relationships with the various airlines, partners and our internal and external customers in the region.
- Setting up and communicating rates and negotiating prices
- Invoicing shipments and related cost control
- Planning consolidations and looking for optimization by combining shipments.
- Proactive follow-up of shipments until arrival at destination.
- Timely and correct transmission of paperwork, documents and information to other departments, agents and branches.
About this Organisation
- You have completed an MBO education, preferably in a logistics field.
- You have demonstrable work experience in air freight in a similar position
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- You have good communication skills
- You are well versed in figures
- You work accurately and quality is very important to you
- Flexibility regarding working hours. In addition to normal day shifts, you will work evening shifts approximately once every five weeks and you will work Saturdays once every five weeks.
We are the leading service provider in global logistics - we support industry and commerce in the global exchange of goods through land transport, global air and sea freight, contract logistics and supply chain management.
Primary or Secondary Benefits
27,5 vacation days
End of the year bonus
Apply Directly to this vacancy
Are you interested in this role as Forwarder Gateway? We kindly request you to upload your CV in English. For questions and/or more information, please contact Rudi Nefkens via +31 612099902