Your new role
The HR Generalist position is a position in the HR team of the Netherlands (national focus within an international environment). They want to take the next step in professionalising the organisation and the HR department. The HR Generalist will advise/guide and support managers in effectively managing employment relationships, provides accurate & specialist legislative/procedural/policy advice to managers and employees and delivers best practice whilst acting in the businesses interest. The HR Generalist also delivers HR projects and initiatives to support the achievement of HR in line with the Business Plan. The integrated organisations have a lot of knowledge and experience, but there is also a need to change in which the HR Generalist plays an important role.
The HR Generalist is accountable to the HR Manager Netherlands and works closely with the Dutch HR team and General Managers/Team leaders. Your location will be 's-Gravenzande (Westland) and every 2 weeks you are expected at their location at the Maasvlakte. A company car is included in this hybrid position.
In this challenging role, the HR Generalist is responsible for providing day to day HR support and guidance for the sites in Rotterdam (Westland & Maasvlakte), such as but not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Oversee the new starter probation process;
- Support, coach and accompany managers in change topics, and performance/talent management;
- Overseeing sickness/absence. Provide guidance, coaching and support to managers;
- Act as the HR representative during meetings whereby corrective actions are required (e.g., required additional training managed through the use of PDP’s, employment termination, etc.);
- Own company people policies and recommend changes / updates in line with changing legislation;
- Advise on employment relation queries from managers and employees in line with company policies/procedures/processes;
- Develop/give training for/to Managers and Team leaders;
- Carry out the exit interview process;
- Produce monthly HR KPI’s indicating e.g. headcount, FTE, turnover, time to hire and, short term and long term sickness/absence;
- Focus on implementation and management of HR projects for all sites;
- Own HR Business Plan projects and support other HR projects as required;
- Identify improvements in work processes, promoting continuous improvement. Raise suggestions for improvement within HRM;
• Bachelor/Master degree in HR or a comparable study;
• a minimum of 4 years’ experience;
• Excellent presentation, communication and social skills and able to communicate at multiple levels;
• Fluent in both Dutch and English. Knowledge of Dutch labour law is a hard requirement.
• Experience in warehousing and/or logistics preferred;
• Ability to operate in a fast moving and challenging environment;
• Customer (internal and external) service focused;
• Excellent team player;
Your new company
Our client offers the most comprehensive temperature-controlled storage and distribution network available, supported by the most advanced technology, and with a singular focus on customer service.
What you'll get in return
You will join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. They offer a competitive salary package with benefits. Pension scheme (fully paid by the employer), company car, 25 annual leave days, fitness plan and the possibility to work hybrid.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sandra Boerekamp now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1045686