Your new company & role
This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest oil & gas companies in Europe. Based in Noord-Holland you will occasionally travel to Vlissingen when required. Our clients services entities are mainly based in West Africa (WAF) and Europe. IT Technician is the first point of contact for all IT related queries at the user level for our client, Petrodec, Dixstone and Llyr Marine staff based in Netherlands (Hoofddorp and Vlissingen). PS IT Technician uses the IT Ticket system to receive and respond to user needs in a timely manner among other technical duties, and is responsible for maintaining the integrity of end user devices and associated software with a great troubleshooting abilities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent[LS1] Problem-Solving Skills
- Good ability to work within a Team
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Languages: English
IT Technician main IT responsibilities are: - To manage end-user’s IT requests through IT Helpdesk (IT Ticket). IT Ticket means IT permit to work.
- To perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve issues raised by end-user over IT Ticket.
- To perform a first technical diagnostic in case of IT outage and escalate unfixed issue to PS L2
- To provide support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- To install and configure hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- To set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices.
- To repair or replace damaged hardware.
- To follow up IT assets and spares in order to have spare parts on hand.
- To install and upgrade anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
Detailed Duty tasks Local IT lifecycle
- Permanent and close IT Ticket follow up. No IT ticket = No action.
- Removal of decommissioned equipment
- IT hardware to be purchased only after formal approval from PS IT Coordinator: no other department should be entitled to purchase IT goods.
- Spare follow up: No spare = No repair at the next issue.
- Unsupported Application/ Equipment should be decommissioned and replaced by a fully supported item: Business owner to be formally notified of obsolete IT item that must be migrated. Obsolete IT items to be treated in “Best Effort” mode, without any guarantee of result.
Operating IT tasks
- User and Email account creation / update/ deletion
- FireEye: PC sending any major/ critical alerts to be removed from network immediately.
- All systems must be patched at the latest level approved by the client, in a timely manner.
- End user computer: enforce WinInstall, no more manual install.
- Enforce the use of Generic PC – number of PC build reduce to a minimum
- Have always infrastructure under full control. Monitoring: checks, acknowledgement, ticket creation when necessary
What you'll get in return:
Apply now or contact the consultant James Daly for further details.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1045435