We are looking for an enthusiastic mid-level contract expert to support our clients' business based in Hoofdorp, The Netherlands, at a time of rapid growth and expansion. You will need to be comfortable handling a very varied workload autonomously in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain exceptional experience in a company at an exciting stage of its development.
Reporting into the legal team based in Amsterdam and technically to the legal direction based in Paris, this candidate will support closely with the Project and the Supply Chain departments, you will enjoy a varied role with an expertise for the negotiation of commercial subcontracts as well as providing legal advice and support in several other areas as required by the business.
No two days will ever be the same but a general outline of what you can expect is as follows:
- Negotiating procurement contracts and supporting the Supply Chain Management team and commercial functions in the negotiation and documentation of those contracts for international suppliers, customers and partners;
- Support Supply Chain Department and Finance Department in all finance mechanisms (bank guarantees, advance payments, etc.);
- Supporting the development of standard form agreements across the business;
- Supporting the design and implementation of company policies and procedures;
- Drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements;
- Delivering training for the business and providing support, legal updates and guidance to different business functions on contractual matters;
- Supporting on company secretarial matters, including carrying out the necessary filings for all ongoing projects; and
- Staying up to date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to Dutch laws, sanctions, rules and regulations that directly affect our business and specific industry.
What you need to do now
- 2+ years’ experience, ideally in the energy/construction industry, in private practice or in in-house experience;
- A Dutch/English academic title in civil/common law, possibly supplemented with international business economics courses;
- Sound understanding and knowledge of international commercial law (common law and civil law);
- Knowledge of international standards of the construction industry (FIDIC, BIMCO, LOGIC, ORGALIM, METAALUNIE, HME, etc.);
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills;
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business;
- Ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand;
- Ability to work independently but also to be a team player and to collaborate closely with the legal department based in France and in Amsterdam;
- Languages: native Dutch, fluent in English, French is a plus.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sandra Boerekamp now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1046054