Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our clients' commercial department for an experienced and ambitious Legal Contract manager with demonstrable cradle to grave commercial expertise and management of complex, high value bids and contracts. The role is remotely based from their Leiden, Netherlands office and will form part of our expanding European business hub.
The role will involve briefing our clients' Executive team and business Senior Leadership teams on the most appropriate course of action taking into account the specific requirements and circumstances.
We need someone who has the expertise, experience and creativity to develop and negotiate the most suitable commercial contracting structure and terms for any given situation, to quickly review and understand emerging issues on existing commercial arrangements and coach colleagues including company executives through the most appropriate solutions and approaches.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the Customer point of contact for contractual & commercial matters and developing close working relationships with Customers.
- Working with Business Development and key members of the bid team to develop Commercial structures and the most suitable commercial solutions for given situation.
- Taking the lead in shaping, drafting, negotiating and agreeing specific terms and conditions for sales and collaboration agreements and managing all commercial/contractual aspects relating to specific bids and proposals.
- Understanding, effectively mitigating and communicating obligations, risks and important contract matters to the business area team, including working closely with Supply Chain colleagues to ensure appropriate risk allocation and alignment between customer and supplier terms.
- Managing contracts throughout the delivery, ensuring effective change management and dispute resolution.
- Advice, assistance and guidance on a wide range of commercial matters to the business and bid team including Project Managers, Business Development Managers, Engineers & functional team members.
- Collation of commercial data as required for business unit bids and projects (management briefings, reporting and information).
- Involvement in the development and implementation of commercial policy, procedure and practice.
- Maintain knowledge in area of expertise and coach and develop colleagues.
- Encouragement of good industry standard practice and self-assessment of quality and accuracy of commercial work within the commercial function of the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Law degree or equivalent experience depending on background
- Conversant in a third language, either French, Flemish or Germany is desired (not a hard requirement)
- Experience within Construction, Engineering, Telecoms, Retail and Shipping is a big plus
- Multilingual – The successful candidate must be conversant in at least Dutch and English such that they can understand and express themselves unambiguously, both in writing and orally.
- Extensive knowledge and practical understanding of contract law
- A demonstrable record of working in a commercial environment, and the ability to create appropriate, effective and complex commercial arrangements and documents
- Demonstrable record of controlling and administrating complex contract and agreements throughout the activity/programme life cycle.
- Ability to quickly understand key aspects of novel projects and emerging issues
- Excellent communications skills enabling positive influence at Board level and with other senior internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to spot and effectively deal with issues, potential risks and contract change quickly
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and to meet challenging deadlines
Your new company
Our client is a leading manufacturing company dedicated to supporting humanitarian, defence and security forces wherever they are deployed.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work within an international organisation with a lot of responsibility and diversity. They offer a competitive salary package with benefits, like a bonus plan, pension plan, car allowance and holiday allowance. They have a hybrid work policy and every 2 months you will travel to their HQ in the UK for a few days.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sandra Boerekamp now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1046121