Your new role and the company:
The company is a supplier of components for production automation, including pneumatics. They supply its products through a distribution network to end users and generally directly to the mechanical engineering industry (OEM). As mechanical engineer project lead you will work with project teams with more complex product development in the high-tech industry.
Purpose of the position: Translating a theoretical customer demand into a manufacturable and high-quality series product. The areas are in Product development and Field Analysis Request
- Question and clarify customer needs
- Communicating customer needs to R&D department in Japan
- Investigations and tests where substantiation by means of complex calculations need to be explained to understand and solve problems
- Testing of recommended solutions in our test lab, cleanroom or at customers
- Informing customers/using video conferencing together with the field service for diagnosis/advice.
- In collaboration with our Quality engineers and customers, you research and guide the causes of failure of products in the field. In accordance with applicable procedures (including 8D).
Understanding customer’s need to be able to convert into real products Handling product claims within the stipulated time and guidelines as described in the work instructions.
- Completed Mechanical Engineering at Bachelor or Master level
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering in the high tech industry.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience as a Mechanical engineer
- Good communication skills and able to put ideas and problems in the spotlight
- Stress resistant and team player
- Analytical, decisive, and solution-oriented