Your new role
We are looking for a strategic Project Manager to become part of the Business strategy & Operations department. You will help shape the organisation through delivering strategic projects using your previous experience. The primary focus of this position is to manage a large strategic project on site through stage gate reviews and complete milestones on schedule.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Overseeing and managing the project implementation at the site level.
- Close collaboration with local SME’s and workstream leads who will focus on the technical content
- Ensuring alignment of local implementation with a global project team and stakeholders
- Apply good PM practices such as Gantt charts, action and decision logs, RACIs, risk registers, meeting agendas and minutes and processes
- Provide PMO support for your own project
- Support change management and continuous improvement efforts across projects and site initiatives, identifying and addressing gaps and opportunities
BSc / MSc in Life Science with 5+ years Project Management experience. At least 3 years in Pharma / Biotech industry with a strong understanding of manufacturing tech transfer, commissioning, qualification and process validation. Must have experience with leading projects within production or construction. Ideally this experience would be leading a project to build cleanrooms. Pharma/GMP is highly preferred. Excellent interpersonal communication skills is pivotal for this position as you need to be successfully be able to communicate progress toward milestones, opportunities, and risks to all stakeholders. Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project or similar PM tool is required. In addition you will need:
Your new company
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Demonstrate ability to successfully negotiate through challenging situations and difficult conversations
- Prove you get energy from navigating complex situations and don’t back down easily
- Lead and influence colleagues across organisation to achieve department, operations and corporate goals
- Available for regular alignment via Zoom with US West coast counterparts and stakeholders
Kite, a Gilead company, is dedicated to achieving one of the most ambitious goals of 21st century medicine: curing cancer. This mission is at the heart of everything they do, from early research to product development. Kite has been at the forefront of cancer immunotherapy and today are a leader in engineered T cell therapy, changing the paradigm of cancer treatment with what is potentially the biggest breakthrough since the introduction of combination chemotherapy more than 60 years ago. With an unrelenting drive and a singular focus on cell therapy, our team is executing on our strategy to bring life-saving therapies to patients. With their brand-new production site in Hoofddorp and the R&D laboratories in Amsterdam, Kite is dreaming big. Now you can get the chance to be a part of this journey.
What you'll get in return
Hays Detachering | This is a project that will start with a contract for 12 months through Hays. Extension to stay within the department is anticipated. At this position, you will get a competitive salary (starting at €83,340 but can go higher depending on experience) and your travel expenses are covered to a max of €338 per month. Please note, visa sponsorship cannot be provided for this role. And if you have / need a visa please ensure it is visible on your application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1045052