As an IT Project Manager you must be able to manage a large multi-faceted project/account/campaign or multiple projects at the same time. You will be responsible for the delivery and scope of prioritised business or IT projects on time and to quality. Bringing together resources from our own internal teams, our large system integrators and from within our business units you will ensure that we continual and consistent delivery to a high quality. You will support the IT Director and contribute to continuously improving the project management toolkits and various development methodologies providing expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Managing of 3rd party vendors
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of a project
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business requirements
- Define project success criteria
- Determine and assess need for internal and external resources and assist in the recruiting process
- Prepare progress reports and manage project expectations with stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Conduct project reviews and create a recommendations report in order to highlight successful and unsuccessful project elements
What you need to do now
- 5+ years in a Project Management Role within the IT Infrastructure space, managing large project budgets
- Excellent Communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of the project lifecycle and experience of various project development methodologies (including Waterfall and Agile). Able to draw on past experience to shape / drive the delivery of assigned projects
- Experience of managing several projects at once of various sizes in an IT environment with a delivery track record
- Experience of managing projects utilising resources from other functional departments, managing cross project and department dependencies effectively to ensure delivery
- Experience of managing financial budgets (including project budgeting, monitoring financials etc).
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1044784