Our client is a global technology group with 14,300 employees with a turnover of 3,3 Billion Euro in more than 120 countries. In Deventer
you’ll find their Thermotechnology
plant. Focus here is on sustainable energy-saving solutions for the heating technology of the future.
The Technical Support department
plays a central role in supplying design and test solutions
for Central Heating
and Domestic Hot Water
appliances. The department consists of two groups: a 'Protoshop
' group and a 'Lab
' assists in creating tangible solutions for an appliance that is being designed. The experienced employees give advice and feedback on the appliance construction during the whole design process. The group has an extensive workshop with various mechanical construction machines.
' group provides laboratory test solutions for the appliance development process. Having the Deventer laboratory as its home base, the group delivers different types of standard test rigs, harmonized software and coordinated work processes to other TT-R&D Labs as well. It takes care of the availability of equipment and all calibrations of the managed instruments. The group ensures the correct functioning and needed development of a broad variety of measurement software.
Your new role:
As a PROTOTYPE ENGINEER
you think along with the internal customer how a design can best be realized as a prototype. You regularly act as a sounding board for the engineers and developers when it comes to construction, manufacturability and serviceability of the end products. You also help with the design and construction of setups to be able to test the products.
When the wishes and requirements are coordinated with the internal customer, you make a plan and organize the materials, both internally and externally.
You also arrange the outsourcing of work yourself. After this, you will get to work on building your assignment yourself. During construction, you keep the customer informed of the progress and report any points for improvement. You are responsible for the quality of work carried out and on time delivery / report expected deviations. You monitor the stock of materials and work safely!
- Thinking along with internal customers and designing products and test setups
- Machining / Installation work / Sheet metal works / Welding / Cabling / Assembling
(Verspanen / Installatiewerk / Plaatwerken / Lassen / Bekabelen / Assembleren)
- CNC milling and CAM programming with EdgeCam software
- Creating 3D drawings in NX (Unigraphics) and 3D printing
- Requesting quotations and placing orders, monitor stock of materials
- Quality of work carried out, delivery on time, report expected deviations and work safely!
- Documenting of work done
- A technical engineering professional with secondary vocational+/higher vocational working and thinking level
- You can listen and work together. You are creative and proactive in finding solutions
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn and can work independently
- You accurately carry out and record your work
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and spoken)
- Good basic computer skills (Windows / MS Office)
Please contact Marc Bekker
for more information via email@example.com