1045696 I Controller I Amsterdam I Senior I Insurance
The vacancy is for one of the biggest insurance companies in the Netherlands. An organization were growth and self-development is fully stimulated, so you can be your best professional self.
Role and Responsibilities
Within this role as Senior Holding Controller you will be given the space to tackle many varying themes and subjects from the financial field. You make an important contribution by drawing up financial and management reports. Next to that you will be analyzing underlying data and you will execute the planning and control cycle. This to give good advice, which is essential to understand the business well and to maintain contacts throughout the organization.
In the coming years, the focus of the department of our client will be more on data-driven working, analyzing the outcome and advising and innovating performance management. Our client is looking for someone who gets excited about redeveloping and improving existing processes using new tools and technology. In the coming years, management under IFRS17 and sustainability will become interesting themes, as this big insurance company develops.
• You are the owner of one or more key deliverables from Control (consisting of monthly reporting, quarterly reporting, forecast, operational plan, etc.)
• You actively contribute to strengthening and optimizing the planning and control cycle of our client within the Netherlands, by proactively producing and implementing improvement proposals.
• You contribute to the redevelopment of processes and the further innovation of performance management. • You coach younger colleagues in their professional development.
• Other duties and responsibilities in this position include drafting, coordinating and reviewing:
• Drafting presentations for the Board of Directors / Supervisory Board and external stakeholders.
• Participate in our client’s broader strategic trajectories
What do you need?
• Academic working and thinking level and preferably in possession of an RC / RA title
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience within financial institutions
• You have experience with reporting and managing the Planning & Control cycle in a financial organization. Knowledge about investments and insurance is an important advantage.
• Affinity with the use of management information systems (Tagetik) and application of information technology (PowerBi).
• Knowledge about the financial operation and reporting of an insurer (Solvency 2, IFRS17) is an advantage
• Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language in word and writing
Who are you?
You are result-oriented and have a strong problem-solving ability where you can communicate the core message clearly. Next to that you are focused on collaboration, and you easily make connections with other departments. With that you will also have an overview of the entire Insurer and you identify (un)desired developments. With at last and most important, that you are powerful in execution and dare to make choices. You are integer. You focus on the main points but can also dive into depth if necessary.
What do you get?
A salary tailored to your qualities and experience, with a 13th month and 8% holiday payment. Within a dynamic working environment where the organization stimulates horizontal and vertical growth. You have the keys to your own career path and your employer fully stimulates that. With this you will have your own personal training budget, to train skills you want to train.
If you recognize yourself in the description and the challenge, apply now!
Klik hierom het privacybeleid van Hays te lezen, welke gedetailleerde informatie bevat over hoe we uw persoonlijke gegevens gebruiken en beschermen, en uw rechten in verband hiermee.
Competitive salary with strong secondary benefits
Spreek met een consultant
Spreek met Bram Vroegop, de recruiting expert die deze vacature in behandeling heeft, werkzaam in kantoor Amsterdam