Our client is an industry leading supplier of Discrete, Logic and PowerMOS semiconductors for the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer and wearable application markets. Their focus is on efficiency, producing consistently reliable semiconductor components at high volume: 85 billion annually.
Its extensive portfolio meets the stringent standards set by the Automotive industry. Industry-leading small packages, produced in its own manufacturing facilities, combine power and thermal efficiency with best-in-class quality levels. Built on over half a century of expertise, our client has 11,000 employees across Asia, Europe and the U.S. supporting customers globally.
The Engineering organization
(called Industrial Technology and Engineering Centre - ITEC
), located in Nijmegen
, is the in-house (back-end) equipment developer and supplier for die bonding, wire bonding, molding and test equipment. The department develops, supplies and services world’s fastest pick & place equipment and testers for (discrete) semiconductors.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic result-driven professional who, in the mechanical design domain, strengthens and co-shapes the future the R&D department of their mechatronic systems. You’ll become a member of a multidisciplinary project team, responsible for developing designs for ITEC’s pick & place equipment
. You will be actively participating in the requirements, the design, the integration and testing.
- Responsible for the mechanical concepts and designs of high performance semiconductor Assembly Equipment and/or Building Blocks to improve or to speed-up existing equipment.
- You will start at the conceptual phase or at the global design phase based on aligned customer requirements.
- Act as mechanical lead in the multidiscipline project team till final customer acceptance. This includes ownership of mechanical discipline deliverables including effort estimations, tracking on design and costs of systems involved.
- Coach design engineers and technicians (3 fte’s) in detailing the design, assembly, integration & testing/de-bugging/operating equipment. This can also take place at subcontractors.
- Document related design specifications and other outputs including manufacturing and user instructions (manual).
- Master / Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience of mechanical design in either semiconductors or high-speed equipment environment.
- Experience in mechatronic systems, actuators, dynamics or control engineering is required.
- Full project lifecycle knowledge or (V-Model) knowledge or experience.
- Experience in using Siemens NX (3D CAD) / Teamcenter (PDM), FEM modelling, MATLAB simulation
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English. Preferably also Dutch.
- Mature, an innovative mindset, analytical skills, a solution & hands-on oriented attitude.
- A team player with the ability to work independently in a cross functional international team.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You will work in an international, innovative and challenging environment with enthusiastic, high-technical experienced colleagues, developing fast and complex pick & place equipment, working with modern tools. You will get a good salary and benefits. Your initiatives, feedback and ideas matter.
For more information, please contact Marc Bekker on +31 (0)6 12098754 or firstname.lastname@example.org