Your new role
As a Senior/Principal Research Technician Mass Spectrometry within the Bioanalytical Science team, you will help expand our bioanalytical toolbox by directly contributing to the installation and implementation of a new LC-MS/MS bioanalytical platform (Triple Quad). In this new role you will be subject matter expert on mass spectrometry operations, establish standard operating procedures for data acquisition and processing, perform advanced troubleshooting and train colleagues on the use of the instrument. In compound development projects, you will work together with the Scientific Lead to develop, validate and apply quantitative mass spectrometry bioanalytical methods in a GLP-regulated environment. You take complete responsibility for the experimental lab work, generating high-quality data. In this way, you support our development programs enabling the registration of new therapeutic products. You work in a regulated GLP/GCP environment, adhering to relevant guidelines and standard operating procedures to guarantee data reliability.
What you'll need to succeed
- Support implementation of mass spectrometry based bioanalysis
- Work together with the Scientific Lead to develop, validate and execute quantitative mass spectrometry methods: assist in method development, operate LC-MS/MS instrument, perform advanced troubleshooting, generate high-quality data
- Ensure compliance to GLP/GCP guidelines and carry out tasks according to standard operating procedures and study-specific plans
- Support process improvement/technology innovation projects
- Set high quality standards and document results accurately
- Act as a mentor to others within the team; set standards; train
You are goal oriented and have a ‘getting things done’ mentality. You take initiative, enjoy working in a team and inspire others with your enthusiasm. Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
Your new company
- You have a completed HLO education or equivalent
- You have relevant work experience in the application of bioanalytical LC-MS/MS methods for small and large molecules (preferably in an industry setting)
- You have demonstrated experience with regulated bioanalysis and knowledge of relevant guidelines
- You document results accurately and are focused on output and results
- You are well-organized, can work to tight timelines, and enjoy alternating between office and laboratory activities
- You can communicate key findings to the team and other parties involved
- You are familiar with basic statistical and data analysis software
- You are fluent in English and possess good written communication skills
- You show a flexible approach to new work challenges
The Bioanalytical Science team is responsible for developing fit-for-purpose bioanalytical strategies to quantify drug in circulation and assess unwanted immunogenicity. We are experts in the design, development, validation, execution and interpretation of bioanalytical methods, with a focus on pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, anti-drug antibodies, and neutralizing antibodies. You will work for an international biotech company specializing in the creation and development of innovative differentiated antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and the improvement of the lives of cancer patients. The company has been active for almost 25 years and they now have over 1000 people working for them. Their headquarters are in Denmark and next to this office, they have sites in the US, Japan and the one in Utrecht that you might join!
What you'll get in return
Your new employer offers you a suitable salary that fits your experience and expertise. Of course, you will also get good secondary benefits such as a 1 year contract with the intention to convert to a permanent contract afterwards. They also offer an annual bonus, holiday pay (8%), stocks, a good pension scheme (2/3 paid by employer), 25 holidays, travel expenses and a hybrid working policy.
You will be working in an informal, multicultural environment where inclusiveness, openness and support are key words.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1046045