Your new company
Our client is the world’s largest crane vessel operator. The role is hybrid (first 6 months you are required to be in the office 80% of the time to get familiar with the job after 6 months 2 days working from home) with the main office in Leiden client is looking for a Tax Compliance Officer to join their tax team of three.
Your new role
As Tax Compliance Officer you will be involved in the tax reporting obligations of client’s international projects. You use your tax skills, business insights and financial knowledge to translate the client’s operating information into tax compliance with indirect taxes, such as VAT/Goods & Services Tax or alike, subcontractor’s and non-resident withholding taxes, and other reportings. The Taxation departments consist of ten people and you will be working in the Tax Compliance team in a group of three.
What you need to succeed
- Coordinate/prepare the tax returns and liaise with (local) tax advisors
- Collect information for tax returns from relevant sources and alignment with Finance, Legal, Treasury, Procurement and Project Management
- Act as first point of contact for subcontractors in relation to tax guidelines and documentation requested by the client in respect to their tax compliance status
- Implement and instruct tax guidelines, tax administration, build in tax checks, balances and active monitoring
- Handle evaluation, risk assessment, counselling on various tax matters and prepare analysis of tax exposures
- Inform and assist project management during execution phase of projects and review relevant documentation on tax requirements and exposures
- Inform and liaise with your team and other taxation disciplines about developments, (project) tax compliance status and any other relevant issues
- Maintaining tax records and keeping up with all tax filing deadlines
- Maintaining, updating and implementing tax compliance procedures and monitoring the level of compliance
- Prepare/collect documentation to support tax audits and reviews by tax authorities
You have 4+ years of experience with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Fiscal economy or Accounting. This is an Dutch speaking role. The candidate ideally has experience with tax compliance, including managing tax reporting requirements, filing tax returns, implementing and instructing tax guidelines, reviewing tax processes and procedures. Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP and Microsoft Suite in particular Excel. The client is looking for someone with learning mindset, which means being open to feedback, curious and eager to learn, great communicator and have strong attention to detail. You can take control of your own work and development.
What you get in return
As Tax Compliance Officer you will operate in an exciting and dynamic environment that allows you to grow personally and professionally. Our client offers a competitive salary package, holiday allowance 30 holidays (option to buy additional 10 days) , pension plan, travel allowance ,bicycle plan and on site fitness. Besides this, you will get to work within an international organisation with a broad scope of responsibilities.
What you need to do now
Is this the vacancy you have been looking for? Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button or send your CV to Ieva.Kuliesaite@hays.com #1045944