Your new role
We are actively searching for a highly affective Team Lead Manufacturing. This Team Lead will be responsible for supervising a group of cell culturing manufacturing specialists (10-15) in a commercial pharmaceutical environment. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Supervise the on-the-floor operations of our commercial cell therapy manufacturing facility in a cGMP environment
- Build a team, provide necessary training and ongoing coaching, discipline and recognition of direct staff, including performing annual performance reviews
- Generate SOPs, MPRs, and SPRs for equipment and procedures used in routine biologics manufacture
- Execute production and resource schedule against operational plan
- Ensure performance of all process steps specific to the phase or stage of operation
- Process monitoring, including manipulation of databases, documents and/or spreadsheets to support business reporting requirements
- Review of completed manufacturing documentation per compliance standards and established timelines
- Investigate and resolve problems, identifying root cause, and proposing process improvements through clear communication to senior management
- Interact with outside vendors and senior management
- Participate in multi-functional project teams, as necessary
- Take corrective action to bring about required changes using change control procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Do you have a BSc degree in Life Science, Biotechnology or in a related field with preferably 5 years experienced supervising? We are looking for someone with strong ability to build and lead a team as well as train entry-level personnel. If you have previous experience in cell culture and/or cell therapy this is highly desirable. You also need good knowledge of current GMPs and sufficient understanding of process, systems and equipment to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions to senior management. Good working knowledge of electronic quality systems is also required. In terms of personal attributes, we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills considering the position you will have within the department. It is also important that you bring a high level of energy and a positive outlook coupled with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organisational goals to overcome obstacles. You think in solutions and not problems to provide a good atmosphere to their small, but growing environment. Finally, you are self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility. This position also operates in shifts so you must be flexible with your availability to work, including weekends. Of course this is compensated by an attractive shift allowance on top of your base salary.
Your new company
Kite, a Gilead company, is dedicated to achieving one of the most ambitious goals of 21st century medicine: curing cancer. This mission is at the heart of everything they do, from early research to product development. Kite has been at the forefront of cancer immunotherapy and today are a leader in engineered T cell therapy, changing the paradigm of cancer treatment with what is potentially the biggest breakthrough since the introduction of combination chemotherapy more than 60 years ago. With an unrelenting drive and a singular focus on cell therapy, our team is executing on our strategy to bring life-saving therapies to patients. With their brand-new production site in Hoofddorp and the R&D laboratories in Amsterdam, Kite is dreaming big. Now you can get the chance to be a part of this journey.
What you'll get in return
Hays Detachering | This is an assignment that will start with a contract for 12 months through Hays. Extension to stay within the department is expected. At this position, you will get a competitive salary ( starting at €65,250) and your travel expenses are covered. Due to shifts you will also receive a shift allowance. Visa sponsorship cannot be provided for this position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Eibhlin Hanlon on +31615868143 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1044946