This role is part of the Global Digital & Technology (D&T) department, Agile Acceleration (ACE) department and the Agile Project & Programme Management (Agile PPM) area of The Company.
The Agile Project Manager manages and delivers a project in accordance with D&T and Agile processes and governance. He or she drives business value optimization and prioritization in alignment with the Product Teams and Functional Domains. Agile Project managers can drive projects in a traditional, but mostly in an Agile manner and embed the Agile way of working.
The Agile Project Manager will be enabling a B2B journey by enabling and driving the required technical and deployment delivery for The Company. On top of that, he/she will drive the enhancements on the current B2B solutions cross opcos. He/she will further improve the governance structure cross different projects (develop, deploy and support) and existing scrum teams to drive to delivery of the program.
He/she is working in a matrix structure being part of the ACE organization but dedicated to the Innovation&technology team Sales, Commerce Digital & Technology organization.
Delivery & Business Value
• Manage all aspects of delivering the complete solution/product, in such a way that business value optimization is secured;
• Confirm business requirements (Functional and non-Functional), solution architecture and defining the projects boundary and what is in and out of scope, including alignment with the Product Teams;
• Define and manage a project in order to optimize business value;
• Ensure business requirements are translated into solutions and products that are in line with the IT strategy, enterprise architecture and current products within the Product Teams;
• Monitor and report on planning, progress, business value, dependencies, impediments, financials and risks in accordance with the Agile way of working;
• Develop and manage the execution, deployment and transition plans across the Product Teams, functions and OpCos;
• Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks and impediments during the lifecycle of the project;
• Define, plan, request and secure resources/skills to meet project and programme requirements;
• Ensure an One way of Working within the Agile Project Management team;
• Ensure (and monitor) that transitions in the business are guided professionally and in alignment with amongst others D&T, Functional Domains, Competence Centers and the Regional IT Leads and monitor transition progress;
• Frequent alignment with Product Owners and Functional Domains in order to maximize risk reduction, identify interdependencies, manage impediments and optimize business value;
• Alignment with Product Owner with regards to setting project goals, adapting to changing project requirements and setting priorities for product features;
• Frequent alignment with the Scrum Master with regards the prioritization of the tasks and impediments in the Product Teams. Ensuring minimal disruption to the involved Product Team’s ability to complete their work;
• Alignment with Agile Program Manager whenever a project is part of a complex program;
• Manage dependencies that influence the successful execution of the overall project and the business value and closely collaborate with impacted stakeholders within D&T, Functional Domain, OpCo and external stakeholders;
• Facilitating Product Owner in challenging stakeholders when a chosen solution is not in line with the Company strategy;
Embedding the Agile way of working
• Drive and manage projects in an Agile manner;
• Promote and demonstrate core principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility (being an Agile ambassador).
• Master’s degree;
• Agile Programme Management certifications are preferred (e.g. CSM, PMI-APC, APMG);
• Professional qualification in a structured, industry-accepted standard (Agile) project management methodology (advanced) Practitioner and/or Managing Successful Programmes (advanced) Practitioner)
• Has enough technical depth and affinity with the products to understand development and delivery issues within the teams and judge their relative importance;
• Has the courage to be innovative: embracing IT innovation and technological possibilities to capitalize on opportunities to automate activities (identifies and uses proper tools and processes);
• Can identify and manage interdependencies and optimize business value;
• Uses reflection, open discussion and trust to help the Product Teams to grow and develop;
• Is able to create an environment in which the self-confidence and proactivity of the teams can blossom.
• Positive and problem solving skills;
• Is able to create a common purpose within the project in which collaboration and mutual accountability are key;
• Establish an environment in which the self-confidence and proactivity of the teams can blossom;
• Strong stakeholder management and excellent communication skills.
Relevant and recent experience in:
• Managing Global B2B IT projects, preferably in an FMCG area
• Experience with software solutions for Promotions Management, Pricing and Quoting
• Proven experience in projects that develop centralised capabilities that are deployed to Operating Companies in multiple geographic locations, time zones and cultures
• Experience in managing external vendors, resources and contracts
• Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts to business language and vice versa. #1045334
Manufacturing & Production
ERP & CRM
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Rosita Akkerman, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Amsterdam