Your new role
In your new role as a Bioprocess Technologist, you will contribute to the upstream process (USP) and downstream process (DSP) development experimental activities of your new employer. You are responsible for the development of innovative biological start materials, process development for research and pre-clinical manufacturing of AAV-based gene therapy products. You will be part of the Cells, Seeds and Research Supply (CSR) department in Amsterdam. It consists of a team of technicians and scientists on different levels and is part of the global Process Development Group. You will be:
- Responsible for planning, preparing, and executing experiments on upstream (USP) and downstream process (DSP) development of AAV based products.
- Assisting in developing experimental plans, lab work plan, and writing the experimental protocols according to the project goals, scopes, and timelines.
- Assisting in performing experiments according to the quality and safety standards. Collecting, managing, analyzing, and documenting the experimental results according to the procedure.
- Implementing best laboratory practices, lab maintenance, equipment maintenance, and management of lab supplies.
- Contributing to experimental data review, data storage, writing study reports, and writing standard operating procedures related to lab equipment and practices.
- Proactively communicating the work progress and results to the direct supervisor and in internal meetings. Collaborating with the scientists and other bioprocess technologists in your team.
The hiring manager is open to a variety of different candidates with different seniority and experience levels. If you are a Master graduate in Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry/Biomedical Sciences or similar and you are willing to learn the DSP process, we encourage you to apply. Are you a Bachelor in one of the fields mentioned above with at least 1 year of experience in cell culture chromatography, you are also welcome to apply for this position. But also MLO level candidates with multiple years of experience in cell culture chromatography are invited to apply for this position as a Bioprocess Technologist!
You are motivated to learn and work on both USP and DSP techniques. If you possess hands-on experience in protein or virus purification, chromatography column packing, ӒKTA systems, filtration set-up, tangential flow filtration (TFF), centrifugation, genetically modified organism (GMO) this will help you to be successful in this position. You need to speak and write fluently in English. Dutch is not required for this role.
The character traits you will need in order to be successful and fit well in the team are flexible and teamplayer.
About the organization
Your new company is based in the Amsterdam area and focuses on making the future of medicine better using gene therapy. By doing so, they help patients with serious unfulfilled medical needs. This means that you will, indirectly, contribute to helping those patients and potentially giving them a better life. On a daily basis you will contribute to this as well. The company is continuously looking for highly motivated and skilled people who are willing to make a difference.
You will work in an international and dynamic environment with many opportunities to grow your career for the long term. The salary depends on your education and experience and they offer great secondary benefits, such as 30 holidays, travel expenses, stock options, a good pension scheme, a monthly allowance for your health insurance, an annual personal education budget and a company fitness plan. It’s an amazing environment, will you join them as a Bioprocess Technologist?
What you need to do now
Are you interested in this vacancy as Bioprocess Technologist? Click on 'Apply' and send an up-to-date CV or call Merel Hasselo on +31620076590. If this vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are looking for a different position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career options. #1045130