The vacancy is for one of the biggest insurance companies in the Netherlands. An organization were growth and self-development is fully stimulated, so you can be your best professional self.
Role and responsibilities
Are you the Compliance professional with monitoring expertise combining fun, impact and responsibility? Are you the trusted advisor to the business? Is being compliant more than just a phrase? Then consider our clients compliance team as your next opportunity to add meaning to your career.
As part of our clients compliance team, they are looking for an enthusiastic Compliance Officer with a professional focus on our monitoring activities. The compliance team is part of the broader department Legal, Compliance and Security affairs. As a Compliance Officer you operate in the heart of and throughout the client with a specific focus on monitoring- and outsourcing/third party and ESG activities. The fulfillment of the role is based on the principle of enabling the organization to manage its risks in a responsible manner. Within the team, you work with six other Compliance Officers and one colleague who manages Security matters. You report to the Head of Compliance.
- Coordinate, improve, execute (as lead) and support colleagues with compliance monitoring activities, including compiling compliance reports for management.
- Develop and maintain (management) controls on relevant processes
- Coordinate and maintain the SIRA process
- Advise management and/or the business on compliance topics.
- Translate applicable legislation and regulations into adequate policies and coordinate the compliance policy framework.
- Formulate professional opinions to the Executive Board on relevant topics.
- To anchor compliance in business operations, you make an active contribution to the development and execution of training and awareness programs.
- (2nd line) participation in (outsourcing) projects.
- At least a completed WO study, preferably Law or comparable study or demonstrably a comparable level of knowledge and thinking. Having a certified compliance education is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience within a financial institution. Good familiarity with investments or pension institutions is an advantage.
- Experience in independent initiating, developing and executing monitoring and reporting activities. Data-driven monitoring experience is an advantage.
- Experience in drawing up policies and related advisory activities.
- In depth knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including AML/Sanction laws.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, including meeting/negotiation skills, giving presentations, drawing up clear reports, network maintenance, etc.
- Affinity with (interactions with) external regulators such as DNB and AFM.
- Preferably knowledge of insurance and investment processes.
- To be aware of social developments.
You are a proactive, analytically strong specialist. As a good listener you are able to understand quickly and provide creative solutions and independent views. Your highly developed personal and empathic skills and ability to organize, prioritize and plan give you a high level personal effectiveness and persuasiveness. You know how to deal with the tension between commerce and compliance and have an eye for the interests of all stakeholders of our client, stimulating a balanced weighing of interests. You are committed to complying with the letter but also the spirit of laws and regulations.
What do you get?
A salary tailored to your qualities and experience, with a 13th
month and 8% holiday payment. Within a dynamic working environment where the organization stimulates horizontal and vertical growth. You have the keys to your own career path and your employer fully stimulates that. With this you will have your own personal training budget, to train skills you want to train.
If you recognize yourself in the description and the challenge, apply now! #1045430