The vacancy is for one of the biggest insurance companies in the Netherlands. An organization were growth and self-development is fully stimulated, so you can be your best professional self.
Role and responsibilities
Are you the experienced Compliance professional combining fun, impact and responsibility? Are you the trusted advisor to the business? Is being compliant more than just a phrase? Then consider our clients Compliance team as your next opportunity to add meaning to your career.
To complement to this big corporates Compliance team, they are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Compliance Officer predominantly in the AML/Sanctions domain. The Compliance team is part of the broader department Legal, Compliance and Security affairs. As Compliance Officer you operate in the heart of and throughout our clients organization with a specific focus on AML/Sanctions. The fulfillment of the role is based on the principle of enabling the organization to manage its risks in a responsible manner. Within the team you work with eight other Compliance Officers and one colleague who manages Security Affairs. You report to the Head of Compliance.
Responsibilities, specifically in the area of AML/Sanctions:
• Primary: execute compliance monitoring activities;
• Advise management and/or the business on (complex) compliance topics;
• Compile compliance reports for management, Board and regulators;
• Develop, maintain and report on (management) controls on relevant processes;
• Provide (project) assurance;
• Translate applicable legislation and regulations into adequate policies;
• Contribute to the development and execution of training and awareness programs;
• (2nd line) participation in projects.
What do you need?
• At least a completed WO study, preferably Law or comparable study or demonstrably a comparable level of knowledge and thinking. A certified compliance education is an advantage.
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience within a financial institution. Good familiarity with investments, life insurance or pension institutions is an advantage.
• In depth knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, especially AML/Sanction laws.
• Experience in preparing and executing compliance monitoring.
• Experience in independently drawing up (monitoring) reports.
• Experience in drawing up policies and related advisory activities.
• Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, including meeting/negotiation skills, giving presentations, drawing up clear reports, network maintenance, etc.
• Preferably knowledge of insurance and investment processes.
• Being in touch with societal developments
How will you succeed
This role is the moral compass and guiding hand of our client, so certain soft skills such as empathy, personal effectiveness and persuasiveness are essential to fulfil daily compliance officer duties. As a good listener you are able to understand complex matters quickly and to provide creative solutions and independent views. As an analytically strong specialist you are proactive and able to plan and organize your workload independently. As backbone regarding compliancy matters, you can effectively balance organizational desires and legal requirements for our client.
What do you get?
A salary tailored to your qualities and experience, with a 13th month and 8% holiday payment. Within a dynamic working environment where the organization stimulates horizontal and vertical growth. You have the keys to your own career path and your employer fully stimulates that. With this you will have your own personal training budget, to train skills you want to train.
If you recognize yourself in the description and the challenge, apply now! #1045111
Banking & Financial Services
Banking and Insurance
Competitive salary with strong secondary benefits
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Bram Vroegop, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Amsterdam