Our customer is a leader in essential diary, plant-based products, early life and medical nutrition, and waters. With a unique health-focused portfolio, they aim to be a key player in the food revolution. With their Business Services Benelux organization, they strive to deliver excellent customer service to internal and external partners. Join this dynamic and diverse team and experience an exciting work environment! If you are someone who loves tackling challenges and desires a role as a Financial Control Manager that can make a significant impact on the business, we need you to apply now! Be a part of our client’s success story and take the first step towards a rewarding career.
Your New Role
The Business Services Benelux organization is set to offer business services to all CBUs in the Benelux region, which will cover transactional finance and expert activities. These services will encompass Financial Control, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, Internal Control, Trading & Interco, among others. The business services team will primarily operate from Zoetermeer, Netherlands, with a few positions located in Brussels and Ghent, Belgium, for proximity reasons.
The Financial Control team, comprising 17 FTE, is tasked with maintaining reliable and compliant financial accounting and reporting processes for the CBUs under their purview. The team will also manage specific accounting activities, including GL accounting, fixed assets management, stock management, intercompany reconciliation, and payroll accounting.
As the team lead for Financial Control, you will report directly to the Head of Financial Control, oversee a team of Financial Controllers, manage the CBU and central stakeholders, and ensure the provision of reliable and compliant financial accounting and reporting services for all business units within your scope.
Your main activities will be:
- Assisting the Head of Financial Control in implementing the Business Services organization and financial control activities to ensure harmonization within Benelux and your assigned business units.
- Providing efficient and high-quality services while continuously improving day-to-day operations.
- Leading your assigned team to ensure excellent execution and service, while also retaining, supporting, coaching, and developing team members.
- Planning, monitoring, and overseeing financial reporting processes and closings, ensuring compliance with the group core model and local rules (Dutch/Belgian GAAP).
- Ensuring compliance with reporting instructions from the group consolidation team, and timely delivery and reporting of management and statutory accounts of CBUs.
- Overseeing the audit process and providing necessary accounting information to comply with local regulations, tax, and audit.
- Developing positive relationships with stakeholders and supporting business units in their financial reporting processes and rolling forecasts.
- Contributing to finance and improvement projects.
- Ensuring effective internal control system in the accounting, closing, and reporting process.
- Reviewing closing and reporting process KPIs with the Head of Financial Control.
The Profile You Need to Succeed
To succeed in this role, you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in accounting or finance;
- Are fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- Have strong knowledge of, and experience with, NL GAAP and IFRS;
Are currently located in the Netherlands. Furthermore, it would be a plus if you:
The Offer You Get in Return
- Have a Dutch and/or French language proficiency;
- Posses an accountant qualification (RA, CPA, or equivalent)
- Have knowledge of Belgium GAAP;
- Are familiar with SAP and Excel;
- Have experience in a big-4 accounting firm.
For this role, our client will provide you with a competitive salary. Furthermore, they have good fringe benefits with:
What Should You Do Now?
- A premium free pension scheme;
- 50-60% discount on health insurance;
- Travel allowance;
- Hybrid work (50/50);
- Discounts on some company products;
- 30 holidays;
- The opportunity to work abroad for 30 days per year;
- An employee stock purchase plan (ESPP).
If you are interested in the position of Financial Control Manager, click on 'apply now' to send an up-to-date version of your CV. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If this job doesn't quite suit you, but you're looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential interview about your career. #1046113