Your new role
The Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. You will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, HR information, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organisational development, and employment. This role is hybrid however, you will need to be in the office in a frequent basis. You will be working within a HR team (HR manager, 2 HR BP's, HR generalist (this role), 2 HR coordinators).
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals
- Becomes the single coordination point between administration and planning.
- Prepares, recommends and maintains records and procedures for initiating and managing personnel transactions and documenting and securing personnel data
- Keeps up to date database and update employee evaluation reviews and reminders
- Processes employee life cycle from on boarding to exit interviews
- Administers compensation & benefits
- Handles the payroll in collaboration with the HR Coordinators, the payroll specialist and the Finance department
- Supports business recruiting, including participation in job interviews
- Partners with people managers to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws
- Advises people managers and employees on HR related issues
- Counsels with people managers on employment issues
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals
- Performs all aspects of Pension administration
- Administers the Share Incentive Plan
What you'll need to succeed
Your new company
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an HR the role or a very similar position and be able to demonstrate complete understanding of the position
- Be able to analyse and present information in such a way that is understood by everyone within the organisation
- Be extremely well organised and methodical in approach to problem solving and be able to manage administrative/filing/database systems accurate Have excellent communication skills to be able to deal with employees on every level
- Understand the legalities of Dutch employment law in relation to employee employment rights and how to apply them within day-to-day work, company policy documentation and staff welfare
- Operate with Microsoft Office and be familiar with ADP
- Fluent communication in English and Dutch (oral and written).
Your new company is based in the Amsterdam area and focuses on making the future of medicine better using gene therapy. By doing so, they help patients with serious unfulfilled medical needs. This means that you will, indirectly, contribute to helping those patients and potentially giving them a better life. On a daily basis you will contribute to this as well. The company is continuously looking for highly motivated and skilled people who are willing to make a difference.
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to work within an international environment with around 290 employees (52 nationalities) with an attractive salary en benefits package (30 vacation days, laptop & telephone, book club, sports, pension, bonus and a contribution of EURO 60,- net on your health insurance, commuting allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1045525