Your new role
The scrum master is a "servant leader" and coach for multiple Agile teams. The scrum master helps the team become proficient in Scrum, Kanban and SAFe and ensures that the agile process is followed. The scrum master helps remove obstacles and creates an environment where the team achieves optimal flow in achieving results and works on continuous improvement.
The Scrum Master deals with the "how" question. The Scrum Master ensures:
- That the scrum process is understood and followed;
- That there is transparency about the status and progress of the team;
- That impediments are resolved when the team cannot;
- That he/she is an enabling leader of the team. That the team is protected from disruptions from 'outside';
- That the team is coached so that they can handle the rest themselves.
The scrum master works closely with the Product Owner and the Release Train Engineer. In addition, the scrum master actively participates in the scrum master community.
Key capabilities of the Scrummaster:
What you'll need to succeed
- - Listening and supporting teams in problem identification and decision making
- - Create an environment of mutual influence, understanding others and empathy
- - Encourage and support personal development of each individual and the development of teams
- - Persuade rather than use authority
- - Supporting the commitments of the team
- - Being open and appreciating openness in others
- Demonstrates lean-agile leadership, embraces and communicates SAFe values, principles and practices
- Monitors the agreements that the team has made in the areas of scrum, built-in quality practices, WIP limit and other team agreements
- Facilitates the team in achieving team goals. Team composed of internal organization and capacity from external parties (50%)
- Helps the team to continuously improve by holding retrospectives and following up on actions thereon
- Organizes and leads the team events, such as the daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective
- Supports the product owner in managing the team backlog
- Helps removing impediments
- Contributes to a high-performing team and helps individuals and the team grow in professionalism using metrics to improve team performance.
- Coordinates and facilitates collaboration between teams, encourages mutual cooperation and participates in Scrum of scrums (SoS)
- Facilitates the team in preparing for ART events, such as PI planning, system demos and Inspect and Adapt workshops.
- Helps the team with the correct estimation of features and stories
- Knowledge of SAFe Framework
- Knowledge of LEAN and Scrum
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of the Dutch language in word and writing.
Your new company
- You like to come up with creative and innovative solutions
- You can work well independently, but value working and sparring with colleagues
- You are curious and always want to continue learning within your own field, but also outside of it
- You have a good sense of humor!
A large insurance and reinsurance group fully focused on the European market.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- A dynamic workplace and enthusiastic colleagues.
- Hybrid working for a good balance between work and private life.
- Lots of opportunity for training and courses (personal growth).
- Flexible working hours with attention for health and vitality.
- A good salary and a 13th month.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1045059