Job SummaryThe senior Microsoft 365 Global Administrator is responsible for supporting efforts to maintain the stability of the enterprise Microsoft 365 (M365) tenant and related systems (e.g. collaboration tools, Telephony, Anywhere 365, Video conference, SharePoint, Exchange, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams integrations, etc.) in service of key business functions.
The primary area of responsibility for this position will be administering and maintaining M365 services, as well as providing engineering level support for end user and/or customer issues, at the direction of the M365 area technical lead. This includes, but is not limited to, coaching the offshore team, execution of daily maintenance tasks, generating reports, analyzing and summarizing system alerts, remediation of issues, incident management responsibilities, as well as the duties described below.Responsibilities
- Act as the M365 Lead in providing daily administration and operational support for the enterprise M365 environments
- Utilize automation, scripting, and/or bots to drive continuous improvement in the User Experience & Collaboration area
- Be a subject matter expert, with a willingness to readily share knowledge with other team and organization members
- Work to maintain platform and process adherence to relevant compliance requirements
- Maintain consistent, quality documentation for the administration and operation of M365 systems, including topologies, configuration details, run-books, and recovery processes
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new Microsoft technologies, assisting in the development of future strategies for M365 products and services
- Accurately document all work performed through NXP’s service management system including details and outcome
- Engage with team members in efforts to prevent and eliminate service failings and to offer up solutions to improve the customer experience
COMPLEXITY OF THE ROLE
- Alignment with many stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Constant changing environment (Merger and Acquisitions, New Services, change Service provider, new IT Integrated Services Management model);
- Customer satisfaction versus global standards;
- Multi-cultural & international organization;
- Alignment with other areas (globalization);
- Influencing without hierarchical authority;
- Continuous alignment with global & local services;
- Planning of activities: longer term activities versus ad-hoc (escalations).
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Related Field
- Significant hands-on experience in administering large M365 (Office, Exchange, SharePoint, MS Teams, Azure AD, Intune), Exchange hybrid environments
- Knowledge of M365 support technologies including but not limited to, Active Directory, DirSync, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access Policies
- Microsoft M365 administrator certifications
- Capable of developing, modifying, and troubleshooting advanced PowerShell scripts in support of automation and system administration
- Result oriented: transfers goals and objectives into results, can realize targets efficiently and effectively.
- Technology oriented: understanding technology and developing clear roadmaps and solutions, designing modular architectures
- Learning ability: anticipates (potential) future demands and wishes, has the capability and motivation for advanced professional and personal development.
- Persuasiveness: is able to influence other people by using a mix of persuasive power, personal preponderance and subtle tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to form judgements: is able to assess data and (potential) situations based on logical, context sensitive criteria.
- Communicative skills: able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience, and the ability to listen effectively to others and give constructive feedback to others