Baan van de Toekomst in Oil & Gas
Jobs of the Future
Oil & Gas
More than 3,000 people work in the Dutch Oil & Gas sector. There are another 3,200 at supply companies and the offshore contractors provide employment for around 10,000 people.
Our research into the Job of the Future shows an interesting picture of the expectations that nearly 400 respondents have of their job and the labor market in the future.
For the Oil & Gas sector, you can read the most important findings below, or download the full report.
Highlights research Jobs of the Future
- 78% of people in the sector believe solar energy will be the most promising alternative 'fuel' in 2030
- 50% of respondents think, in 2030, the demand for oil and gas will increase sharply
- According to 50% of respondents, cheap and alternative energy sources will not replace oil and gas by 2030
- According to more than 40% of the respondents, it will no longer be necessary to be physically present at the office by 2030
- 45% of respondents believe that by 2030 Chinese and Spanish - in addition to English - will be international working languages in the sector
- About 65% of respondents believe that employment within the sector will mainly be based on project-based contracts, in 2030.
Jobs of the future:
- Fracking Engineer
- Engineer for the geothermal sector
- environmental scientist