Een functieprofiel opstellen
The job description describes the task to be performed, the responsibilities and objectives. It should match the ideal candidate for the job.
The job description helps the candidates. Writing a deliberately vague advertisement in order to attract the widest possible range of candidates is primarily a waste of time; candidates who do not meet your requirements will apply, and the perfect candidate might not because he or she is not triggered by your advertisement.
The following tips will help you to write a good job description.
- Department/division and name of the position
- The job to be performed
- The objectives
- Specific responsibilities
- Daily responsibilities
- Immediate superior
- A typical working day
- Examples of recurring and non-recurring duties that arise from the regular responsibilities
- The professional qualities that you would like to see in the ideal candidate
- Think in terms of technique, organisation, communication or creativity
- Apply each of these competencies to the matching duties
- What level of education or specific kind of education are you looking for?
- What kind of experience are you looking for?
- Is the candidate required to have held similar positions in the past?
- What length of experience is required and in what sectors?
PERSONAL CHARACTER AND QUALITIES
- What kind of personality would best fit within your team?
- Specify a range of words that best describe the nature of the ideal candidate
- Think of the particulars that would help him or her to effectively perform the duties that come with the job
- Characteristics of someone who is valued in this sector
BE PRECISE WHEN WRITING A JOB DESCRIPTION
Think carefully about your job description and about the nature of the job itself. By ensuring that your needs are properly specified, the candidates will know exactly whether or not they meet your expectations. A job or profile description is by definition a document for communication between you and your organisation, HR and the potential candidate.