Digital strategydetermine your IT strategy to find the right IT talent
Read time: 4½ minutes | By: James Milligan | Published in Hays Journal 19
At first, there was a hugely increased demand for candidates who could enable remote working – people with cloud-based skills who could deploy systems like AWS and Azure. Within the first four to eight weeks of lockdown happening, demand for these candidates rose by 400 per cent.
There was also some private demand for these candidates, with businesses trying to understand how their risk profile might have changed.
Digital strategy tips
1. Planning further into the future is key
2. Recruitment processes need to keep evolving
3. It’s worth searching outside of your usual talent pools
4. There has been a cultural shift around technology adoption
5. Organisations will need to take time to reflect
IT Strategy - What can businesses do to attract the best it talent?
“Organisations need to understand what their value proposition is. It is key that they are transparent and can clearly articulate what they want. They also need to make the process easy and as quick as possible, and ensure they haven’t created barriers in there, because that quite often leads to candidates, particularly those with technical skills, dropping out.”